The mirror of the self test was initially developed by Christopher Alexander in his master works "The Nature of Order", and it is to test the existence of objective beauty in nature and in what we make such as buildings, paintings, designs, and any artifacts. Following the recent work by Bin Jiang and Daniel Sui on "A New Kind of Beauty Out of Scaling of Geographic Space" (The Professional Geographer, 2013), we kindly invite you to participate this mirror of yourself test. The test is purely for scientific purposes, and we thank you in advance for your volunteered participation!
After filling out some personal details, you will be exposed by two things in pair (left versus right) at a time. You are requested to select one, with which you have the most wholesome or healthy feeling. In case you have difficult to understand this question, you can refer to one of the following re-expressions:
* Which of the two is more like your own self?
* Which of the two seems closer to representing you, your own self, in your totality?
* Which of the two is more deeply connected your eternal self, your aspiration, the core of you that exists inside?
* Which of the two is or seems more alive or more life?
* Which of the two makes you more aware of God, or makes feel closer to God?
* Which of the two would you prefer to become by the day of your death? (Assuming for a moment, that you believed in reincarnation, and that you were going to be reborn as one of these two things, then which one would you rather be in your next life?)
The mirror of the self test，起源自Christopher Alexander之“ The Nature of Order”大師級作品。 研究測試目的乃為找到自然界美麗的客觀存在，以及由人類所創造出的建築物、畫作、設計、任何工藝品所存在的客觀美麗。 近期由Bin Jiang和Daniel Sui 發表的 “A New Kind of Beauty Out of Scaling of Geographic Space” (The Professional Geographer, 2013)，延續此理論。 本測試僅供學術用途，我們誠摯地邀請您參與“ the mirror of yourself test ”，並懇請撥冗填答，感謝您的支持與協助。